none
DPM 2010 and Exchange 2003 Restore edb missing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

i am seeing a strange issue with the Exchange 2003 restore. I am attempting to restore the entire mailbox store to a network location, however after a sucessfull restore i go to the folder and the edb is missing. i watch the restore and i can see the 99GB file up until the last few minutes and then it is gone.

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks

Russell

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 12:23 PM

Answers

• So it looks like the error is a out of free space even though it is 1TB Free. confirmed that the AV is not causing this.

Next test was to restore to another server and this was sucessfull. i then attempted to copy the file to my exchage server and it failed with the same issue.

So it seems that this is not a DPM issue and i will resolve this.

Thank you for your time.

Russell

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 9:04 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Check your antivirus s/w - perhaps it detected a virus in the file and quarantined the file.  Use Sysinternals process monitor and see what process is deleting / moving it.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 1:53 AM
  • So it looks like the error is a out of free space even though it is 1TB Free. confirmed that the AV is not causing this.

Next test was to restore to another server and this was sucessfull. i then attempted to copy the file to my exchage server and it failed with the same issue.

So it seems that this is not a DPM issue and i will resolve this.

Thank you for your time.

Russell

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 9:04 AM