none
View Failure - PWA 2010 - Just One Project RRS feed

• Question

• I am experiencing a "View Failure:  The view failed to load. Press OK to reload this view with the default settings. Press Cancel to select another view" message box when attempting to open a specific project via PWA.

All type of views (task, resource, assignment, etc.) fail.  BUT, they only fail for that specific project.  Any other project can be accessed as designed.

Can any of you suggest next steps / course of action to resolve?

Thank you.

scottderd

Monday, September 22, 2014 4:31 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You may have some corruptions in your project plan. Are there any errors in the project server queue? Have you tried to re-publish your project? Also, if the project publish doesn't help, try to save your project plan as an XML file and save it back to project server, overwriting the existing project

Hope this helps

Paul

• Marked as answer by scottderd Monday, September 22, 2014 4:51 PM
    Monday, September 22, 2014 4:37 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You may have some corruptions in your project plan. Are there any errors in the project server queue? Have you tried to re-publish your project? Also, if the project publish doesn't help, try to save your project plan as an XML file and save it back to project server, overwriting the existing project

Hope this helps

Paul

• Marked as answer by scottderd Monday, September 22, 2014 4:51 PM
    Monday, September 22, 2014 4:37 PM
  • Hi Scottderd,

It is often caused by a corrupted assignment in the project plan. Can you try to identify the culprit assignment and recreate it? Also check for anything particular in this project.

Another way is to try the following:

• Click on Project Tab
    • Click on View and select any other view

Otherwise, I'd suggest you to take a look to the following article since this issue has already been addressed a few times:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/projectsupport/archive/2013/12/11/project-server-2013-error-loading-views-if-the-default-view-is-missing.aspx

Finally I'd suggest to view the detailled error in the ULS logs.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Monday, September 22, 2014 4:42 PM
  • Hello Scottderd,

I ran into this issue with couple of plans and have resolved it using below methods.

Method 1) Save for Sharing

1. Open the Project Professional and connect to server
    2. Open the project plan (make sure file is checked out)
    3. Click on file >>Share >>Save for Sharing >> Save as >> Save it locally
    4. Close the project professional
    5. Open it again and open the plan you saved locally
    6. Click on save button
    7. Click on File Save AS >> select Server name >> Save
    8. The project plan name will be disabled.
    9. Click on save
    10. Publish the project

Method 2: Expand all Tasks in Project Professional and then publish the plan.

1) Open the plan in Project Professional

2) Select the Task Name column >> Click on View Menu >> Outline >> Show all Subtasks

3) Make sure all tasks are expanded.

4) Publish the plan

Hope this helps.

Thank you,

Kiran K.

Monday, September 22, 2014 4:49 PM
  • That did the trick!!!!!!  I simply opened in Project Prof. and published.  That solved it.

Thanks to all that replied!!!!!!

scottderd

Monday, September 22, 2014 4:52 PM