Exchange 2010 SP3 and TLS 1.2 - is it working for OWA? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody,

Did anybody test TLS 1.2 on Exchange 2010 sp3?

Would really like to know if OWA is functioning properly after making the change.

Thank you!

Thursday, May 7, 2015 7:52 PM

All replies

• Hi,

For previous version and if you enable transport layer security (TLS) 1.1 or TLS 1.2 in a Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 environment, simple mail transfer protocol (SMTP) uses TLS 1.0 unexpectedly. This issue occurs because of a hard-coded restriction that limits SMTP to use secure sockets layer (SSL) 3.0 and TLS 1.0 for transport.

This issue has been fixed in Exchange 2010 SP3 CU9. Please update to latest version for testing.
    For your reference: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3029667

Thanks

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, May 11, 2015 6:25 AM
  • Yes, thank you for your reply.

I have seen this but it doesn't answer my question. I need to know if OWA will be working and if somebody tested it with TLS 1.1 or 1.2.

Monday, May 11, 2015 7:56 AM
  • I have Exchange 2010 which I recently upgraded to SP3 and then applied the latest CU9 patch update.

I rebooted, enabled TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2, then rebooted again. Once TLS 1.1 and 1.2 are enabled, Exchange virtual directories seem to break as mail flow stops and OWA is no longer accessible.

Looking for a workaround or fix for this issue. NEED TLS 1.1 and 1.2 enabled from a PCI compliancy standpoint.

Monday, July 27, 2015 2:53 PM