How to set reply in HTML for meeting invites in outlook 2010? RRS feed

• Question

• When I am trying to reply to the calendar invite in outlook 2010, it always open in rich-text format. I want to reply as HTML only. Please advise how to do it?

Regards, Firoz Ahmad (Cheeeeeerrrrssssss)

Monday, March 23, 2020 4:19 PM

All replies

• Hi Firoz,

>> When I am trying to reply to the calendar invite in outlook 2010, it always open in rich-text format. I want to reply as HTML only. Please advise how to do it?
    Do you mean that you want to edit the response with HTML when accepting like below?

If so, according to my research and test, when we choose to edit the response to a meeting invitation, it always opens in RTF format. I’m afraid this is by design and we can not change it because meeting requests use RTF format and replies always use the original message format.

However, we could manually choose the HTML format when editing via Format Text > Format > HTML like below.

If you would still like the feature you mentioned, it is suggested to submit your feedback via Outlook UserVoice(for all versions).

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 3:34 AM
  • Hi ,

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you.

If you have any update about this issue, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 27, 2020 10:56 AM
  • Hi ,

It has been a while, how is everything going?

If you think my reply is helpful to you, please remember to mark it as an answer.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Tuesday, March 31, 2020 9:29 AM