none
Configuratioon issue in FAST search for sharepoint 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I am facing issue when i am running post configuration wizard in fast search for sharepoint 2010 

psconfig.ps1 -action i -role Name single -userName domain\user -localMachineName domain.xxx.com –databaseConnectionString dbstring -databaseName FASTconfigDB

below is the error i am getting when i am runing the above script.

An error occurred while configuring Post setup - A problem occurred when retriev
    ing information on machine: machinename.xxx.com. Make sure the machinename is spelled correctly and that the machine is available

Can anyone let me know what is the root cause of this or any configurations to be made.

Regards,

Altaf.

ALtaf Ali

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 2:11 PM

Answers

• Can you check that  you are running the psconfig.ps1 as a domain user that is also member of the local Administrators group of your server.
    • Marked as answer by POCCoder Wednesday, April 17, 2013 7:01 PM
    Tuesday, April 16, 2013 2:47 PM

All replies

• Can you check that  you are running the psconfig.ps1 as a domain user that is also member of the local Administrators group of your server.
    • Marked as answer by POCCoder Wednesday, April 17, 2013 7:01 PM
    Tuesday, April 16, 2013 2:47 PM
  • Yes its part of local administratorsgroup. How can we check whether it is a domain user or not?? i am logging into server as domain\username so i guess its a domain user.

Is active directory mandatory of fs4sp installation??

ALtaf Ali

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 3:16 PM
  • Thanks Patrick!!

I resolved this issue by making the account as domain user account. I was using the local administrator user and running that but in some blogs i have seen hotfix for that but it didnt help me. Adding user as domain account only helped me :)

Regards,

Altaf

ALtaf Ali

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 7:04 PM