none
Start To Using Timesheet In Project Server 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• HI

We want to start using timesheets in our company. But I cannot find any documents that help us to start…

I have 2 questions:

1.       Timesheet manager and project managers could be different people. I know that with enabling “Require Line approval before timesheet approval” we can handle the approval. but we need something more: we have a person in our company that he needs to see all approved timesheets from all users with different PMs or  Timesheet managers… how can we have this?

2.       Is it possible to active “single entry mode” in some parts of our company or for some users? Or we should active it for all users?

3.       Is there any document to help me?

Waiting for your soon reply…

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 9:06 AM

Answers

• Hi Ali,

you basically have 3 questions :)

Answer 1.

If you only need to show the approved/pending timesheet to one of your resource, you need to create a custom dashboard using SSRS through which the user can monitor the status of the timesheets submitted by your resources. Let me ease the development pain for you, go the this URL and download the EPM Report pack microsoft released a while ago. there is a report "Timesheet Compliance " matched closely to your requirement, the source code is also included incase you need to slightly modiffy.

Answer 2.

Unfortunately its not possible.

Answer 3.

there are several techNet posts + videos to help you quickly start with. for recent videos posted on the forum go the link and browse for the videos. similarly you can find related material on the msdn/technet sites.

Hope this answers your query. let us know if more help is required.

| Khurram Jamshed | Follow my blog about Enterprise Project Management Solution | http://khurramjamshed.blogspot.com |
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 11:06 AM

All replies

• Hi Ali,

you basically have 3 questions :)

Answer 1.

If you only need to show the approved/pending timesheet to one of your resource, you need to create a custom dashboard using SSRS through which the user can monitor the status of the timesheets submitted by your resources. Let me ease the development pain for you, go the this URL and download the EPM Report pack microsoft released a while ago. there is a report "Timesheet Compliance " matched closely to your requirement, the source code is also included incase you need to slightly modiffy.

Answer 2.

Unfortunately its not possible.

Answer 3.

there are several techNet posts + videos to help you quickly start with. for recent videos posted on the forum go the link and browse for the videos. similarly you can find related material on the msdn/technet sites.

Hope this answers your query. let us know if more help is required.

| Khurram Jamshed | Follow my blog about Enterprise Project Management Solution | http://khurramjamshed.blogspot.com |
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 11:06 AM
  • Hi, The reporting package you mentioned for project server 2007. is it working project server 2010 also?
    Maged
    Monday, May 16, 2011 8:51 AM
  • Hi,

yes the reporting package will work for Project Server 2010 as well, you might need to change the data source and the report files. there is not a much change in DB structure of PS2010, so i am sure with few change it will work.

Hope this helps.

Monday, May 16, 2011 10:28 AM
  • Thanks alot,

Could you help from where could i start learning about EPM 2010 BI.

Thanks,

Maged
    Monday, May 16, 2011 11:44 AM
  • Thanks Khurram,

can you guide which is the best place for me to start reading aboput EPM 2010 BI

Maged
    Monday, May 16, 2011 11:44 AM