Windows Server Essentials 2012 R2 Connector issue - unable to uninstall to start over RRS feed

• Question

• Background:  Replacing a Windows Home server in a home environment, I have Windows SE 2012 R2 installed and running.  First client install was for a regular user PC, I believe it asked for the an admin user to log in when setting up connector, but either way it seems to be working fine on that PC.

Next I tried to install on my computer, using my regular username which is setup as an Admin on the server.  However when I put in my username and password it gave me a warning with a popup box asking if I really wanted to use the admin account for this.  I was not sure, so selected "yes" which allows you to change the name, but as I had no other account on the server, I hit the upper red cancel out of the dialog.

When I rebooted, it did not come up again, but when I tried to re-download the connector from the server, it finds the server and immediately brings up the connector wizard.  This seems to work ok, it finds the server, but when I put in my username (admin again) it give me the warning, but this time I select "No" indicating to proceed with my choices, it hangs and gives an error.

So I decided I would uninstall the connector and start over.  However the connector does not appear in the Programs and Files list so there is no way to uninstall it.   Makes me think that by terminating it on my first attempt, that it did not complete installation and I am left with a bad install of the connector with no easy way to uninstall it at this point.... 

It should be in the Programs and Files list to be able to uninstall it right?

Anyway to proceed to remove it manually, by editing the registry manually?

Thanks in advance for any assistance or suggestions.

Ross

Monday, July 15, 2013 1:36 AM

Answers

• Ross, actually the connector is listed as an update, you may try: Control pannel -> program and features -> view installed updates (1st on left pane) , and see if you can find it.
    • Marked as answer by Ross2009 Tuesday, July 16, 2013 12:52 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Andy QiModerator Tuesday, July 23, 2013 10:11 AM
    • Marked as answer by Andy QiModerator Tuesday, July 23, 2013 10:11 AM
    Monday, July 15, 2013 2:08 AM
  • Thanks, I found it there.

I also solved my Connector configuration wizard issue by setting up IPv6 on my DSL modem/router.

I thought I would try that after seeing the connection wizard auto-fill in the IPv6 address of the server on the initial page, which was only up for a moment before the sign in screen.

So I think there may be an issue with the connector configuration wizard and those home sites which are setup with the old IPv4 addressing only.

Ross

Monday, July 15, 2013 11:35 AM

All replies

• Ross, actually the connector is listed as an update, you may try: Control pannel -> program and features -> view installed updates (1st on left pane) , and see if you can find it.
    • Unmarked as answer by Andy QiModerator Tuesday, July 23, 2013 10:11 AM
    • Marked as answer by Andy QiModerator Tuesday, July 23, 2013 10:11 AM
    Monday, July 15, 2013 2:08 AM
  • Thanks, I found it there.

I also solved my Connector configuration wizard issue by setting up IPv6 on my DSL modem/router.

I thought I would try that after seeing the connection wizard auto-fill in the IPv6 address of the server on the initial page, which was only up for a moment before the sign in screen.

So I think there may be an issue with the connector configuration wizard and those home sites which are setup with the old IPv4 addressing only.

Ross

Monday, July 15, 2013 11:35 AM