Not being able to access my own desktop and files.. RRS feed

• Question

• When i log onto my profile its saying that i cannot access my files and i have been logged onto  a temporary desktop? how do i fix this?!
    Saturday, October 8, 2011 6:36 PM

Answers

• Sir,  I Suggest you to try Create another administrator account and login again.

Regards,

MCP | MCTS | MCITP
    • Marked as answer by Niki Han Tuesday, October 18, 2011 2:46 AM
    Saturday, October 8, 2011 10:10 PM
  • Hi,

Please check the following KB.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215

Also, you should have full control of the user profile.

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Niki Han Tuesday, October 18, 2011 2:47 AM
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 9:07 AM

All replies

• Sir,  I Suggest you to try Create another administrator account and login again.

Regards,

MCP | MCTS | MCITP
    • Marked as answer by Niki Han Tuesday, October 18, 2011 2:46 AM
    Saturday, October 8, 2011 10:10 PM
  • That is most often caused by disk problems, though occasionally also by other hardware problems.

You should probably run a disk check to see if there is a problem with the hard drive.

Logged into your temporary profile, open the Computer icon (Start > Computer) to view the list of drives.

Right click on the C: drive and click Properties

Click the Tools tab and Check now… under Error-checking

Check both Automatically fix… and Scan for and attempt recovery… and click Start

Click Schedule disk check and reboot.

During the next boot, watch for the disk check, it should take quite a while, possibly hours on a large disk, but sometimes the disk check does not run properly on the first attempt. If the disk check does not run, or finishes very quickly, schedule it again and reboot again it almost always runs properly the second time.

After running the full disk check there is a good chance you will be able to log in normally, if not you may want to try system restore to go back to the most recent restore point.

Once you do get logged in you may want to do a backup, your hard drive may need to be replaced soon.

You will want to keep an eye on the system log for disk errors and watch for mysterious pauses and slowness using the system, these are warning signs that the drive needs to be replaced.

Monday, October 10, 2011 5:50 AM
  • Hi,

Please check the following KB.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215

Also, you should have full control of the user profile.

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Niki Han Tuesday, October 18, 2011 2:47 AM
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 9:07 AM