Windows 8.1 Enterprise Evaluation -> Windows 8.1 Enterprise RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

Is it possible to activate Windows 8.1 Enterprise Evaluation version as Enterprise? I have installed Windows 8.1 EE and I have 20 days left, we have KMS host and I tried many times to change product key to MHF9N-XY6XB-WVXMC-BTDCT-MKKG7 (KMS client key from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj612867.aspx)- it is failed with this error "That key can't be used to activate this edition of Windows. Please try a different key". So what should I do now? Reinstall windows? Or maybe you have special product key for me?  :)

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 1:15 PM

Answers

• Hello,

You need to reinstall Windows, there isn't a way to convert Windows 8.1 Enterprise from Evaluation version to be non-eval installation.

Thanks, Darrell Gorter [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by kelvin_hsu Thursday, December 19, 2013 6:12 AM
    • Marked as answer by Zlobnyfar Thursday, December 19, 2013 11:14 AM
    Wednesday, December 18, 2013 6:32 PM
  • Hello!

I couldn't wait this weekend :) So I have reinstalled Win 8.1 Enterprise Evaluation with just Enterprise version with something like "keep all user settings and software" (It took 57 Mins)- and wuala - I have Windows 8.1 Enterprise. It has been licensed from the first time without any problems. 

• Marked as answer by Zlobnyfar Thursday, December 19, 2013 11:13 AM
    Thursday, December 19, 2013 10:59 AM

All replies

• Try to change the product key manually:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2750773/en-us

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 3:45 PM
  • Hello,

You need to reinstall Windows, there isn't a way to convert Windows 8.1 Enterprise from Evaluation version to be non-eval installation.

Thanks, Darrell Gorter [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by kelvin_hsu Thursday, December 19, 2013 6:12 AM
    • Marked as answer by Zlobnyfar Thursday, December 19, 2013 11:14 AM
    Wednesday, December 18, 2013 6:32 PM
  • I have tried to do it manually - the same :( 

Tried to change registry manually - no luck :(

Ok I will reinstall Windows this week end and let you know how it goes.

Thursday, December 19, 2013 8:07 AM
  • Will do this weekend and let you know.
    Thursday, December 19, 2013 8:08 AM
  • Hello!

I couldn't wait this weekend :) So I have reinstalled Win 8.1 Enterprise Evaluation with just Enterprise version with something like "keep all user settings and software" (It took 57 Mins)- and wuala - I have Windows 8.1 Enterprise. It has been licensed from the first time without any problems. 

• Marked as answer by Zlobnyfar Thursday, December 19, 2013 11:13 AM
    Thursday, December 19, 2013 10:59 AM