domain computer win7 enterprise 64bit reboot every morning. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi need help with this computer reboot issue in my work environment, and if I post it in the wrong place, please feel free to move it .

description of the issue:

- domain PC with win 7 enterprise 64-bit reboot every morning during 8:30 ~9:30am time frame. user got the popup as shown. everything else is fine except reboot. and so far 2 PCs have the exact same issue.

- computer: DELL OptiPlex 760

- event logs:

1. Event ID: 5719   netlogon. there are currently no logon serverse available to service the logon request. (but never heard about logon complain from the user)
       2. Event ID: 5719   SNMP. The SNMP Service encountered an error while accessing the registry key SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SNMP\Parameters\TrapConfiguration.  (Microsoft support has thread on this, but it's on server level)  

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 5:01 PM

Answers

• thank everyone's input, I know it sounds stupid, but it turned out that these 2 users still power off their PCs after I told them, emailed them do not.

anyway, at least problem solved and I learned some too.

thanks.

Friday, July 8, 2016 6:09 PM

All replies

• going to update NIC driver and windows update, in the meantime, hoping someone can give me more clue on it.
    Wednesday, June 22, 2016 5:03 PM
  • Hi thankful heart,

Did the issue only occur with the specific machine? Are you the administrator of the domain?

It seems that there is a schedule restart task. Please check the following event path for detailed information.
    Event Viewer\Applications and Services\Microsoft\Windows\Task schedule (Pay attention to the timetamp)

In addition, we could use "schtasks /query" to list all the schedule task(pay attention to the runtime) to verify whether there is a scheduled task.

Best regards

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Proposed as answer by ZigZag3143x Sunday, July 3, 2016 5:55 PM
    Thursday, June 23, 2016 2:43 AM
  • Hi <g class="gr_ gr_5 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="5" id="5">Meipo</g> XU:

thank you for the reply, so far there are 2 PCs in our environment are having this every morning reboot issue at the similar time frame, one thing I just noticed today that both users shut down their PCs at the end of the day.

we recently pushed out whole bunch of updates, thinking maybe their PCs are trying to catch up? leave the PC on for the weekend and will see.

ran "<g class="gr_ gr_409 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="409" id="409">schtasks</g> /query", didn't see anything scheduled for that time windows.

will update next week. thx.

Friday, June 24, 2016 9:14 PM
  • Hi thankful heart,

We are looking forward to your good news.

Best regards

Monday, June 27, 2016 6:21 AM
  • unfortunately, 2 PCs are still reboot everyday morning (one didn't reboot one day). WITH the popup as shown above.

I thought keeping the PC on line/power on will fix the everyday reboot issue, but not.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 8:55 PM
  • Hi thankful heart,

Please export the following event viewer as .evtx format then upload them to OneDrive and paste the link here.

Event Viewer\Applications and Services\Microsoft\Windows\Task schedule

Windows logs\System

Best regards

Friday, July 1, 2016 9:44 AM
    1. Open up Task Manager and look for tasks that run in the timeframe of this event.
    2. Run MSConfig, select Startup tab and check for unknown items.

Best regards, George

• Proposed as answer by ZigZag3143x Sunday, July 3, 2016 5:56 PM
    Sunday, July 3, 2016 12:59 PM
  • thank everyone's input, I know it sounds stupid, but it turned out that these 2 users still power off their PCs after I told them, emailed them do not.

anyway, at least problem solved and I learned some too.

thanks.

Friday, July 8, 2016 6:09 PM