Office 2007 Upgrade Alters Line Spacing RRS feed

• Question

• I am testing Office 2007 SP2 to be upgraded across all PCs using the Office Customization Tool.  I need to ensure the Paragraph default settings remain as they are, ie: Line Spacing After = 0pt, and Single.  By default, in Office 2007, the line spacing changes to 10pt, Multiple @ 1.15.  All existing PCs here are running Office 2003 SP3

I have found the only solution is to add a new Normal.dotm file with the changes made to the DOTM file.  The only problem I see with this is that it would overwrite existing changes done to individuals DOTM file, like for example macros.  Is there another solution?

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 1:55 AM

Answers

• As susected the only solution is to add a new Normal.dotm file with the changes made to the DOTM file.  This is added using the Office Customization Tool to the Users Templates folder.

Friday, May 6, 2011 6:02 AM

All replies

• Hi,

To fix the line spacing and paragraph spacing in Word 2007 so that it is the same as in earlier versions of Word, you have to change the Style Set option.

To do this, follow these steps:

1. Click the Home tab.
    2. Click Change Styles in the Styles group, point to Style Set, and then click the style set that you want to use.

To change the default formatting of your document, such as the line spacing and paragraph spacing, to the default formatting that is used in earlier versions of Word, click Word 2003.
    3. To set the style set as the default style set in Word 2007, click Change Styles in the Styles group, and then click Set as Default.

For more information, you may see here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921174

Friday, April 22, 2011 7:07 AM
  • Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for this info - I like the option of having this within one change. 

Can anyone advise if this is directly available within the Office Customization Tool?.. Or will the only way be to save the changed Normal.dotm file and apply that to new user profiles?  My primary goal here is to rollout Office 2007 to my organisation and apply this change among other things.

Friday, April 22, 2011 11:58 PM
  • As susected the only solution is to add a new Normal.dotm file with the changes made to the DOTM file.  This is added using the Office Customization Tool to the Users Templates folder.

Friday, May 6, 2011 6:02 AM