Wireless adapter RRS feed

• Question

• any help please!

my laptop is Fujitsu Siemens AMILO. I couldn't be able to connect to wireless network for quite sometime now. I am not sure ifs the only problem but think Microsoft 6to4 adapter wasn't working properly. so I uninstalled it and tried to install it back. Unfortunately, even if I followed all the instructions the adapter doesn't show up on device manager network adapters.

I followed this

Action – Add Legacy Hardware – Next – “Install the hardware that I manually select from a list” – Network adapters – Microsoft – Microsoft 6to4 Adapter – Next – Finish the wizard.

cheers.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 8:21 PM

Answers

• You should not need to be manually adding drivers as plug and play which goes back to 1995 is mature.

I am assuming your machine came with Vista. If there is a problem with the network, it could be it has failed.

Most machines can have the LAN parts replaced.

Check to be sure the network adapter is enabled

The WLAN on the AMILO Li 2727 will always switch off when the system is powered down.

To turn it ON you must press the Fn+F1 keys together.

My MVP is for Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 IT, and I am getting increasingly good with Visual Studio.

Developer | Windows IT | Chess | Economics | Hardcore Games | Vegan Advocate | PC Reviews

Saturday, January 29, 2011 2:33 AM
  • 6to4 adapters are hidden by default - you have to use teh menu options to Show Hidden Devices to be able to see them.

Do that, and see what you get.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Sunday, January 30, 2011 7:23 AM

All replies

• 6to4 adapters are hidden by default - you have to use teh menu options to Show Hidden Devices to be able to see them.

Do that, and see what you get.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Sunday, January 30, 2011 7:23 AM