The setup Login User does not hve the sufficient permission to configure replication with central administration site RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have installed successfully a CAS site and the first primary site. Now I want installing the second primary site. All Servers are running under Windows Server 2008 r2 with the sam patch level and SQL Version (Sql 2008 r2 SP2). Also the same user is used for installation. I've checked all current SQL settings and have no clue why it is not working.

Has anyone some ideas?

thanks

Carsten

Friday, November 9, 2012 6:04 PM

Answers

• Hi to all in this thread,

Adam are right. The problem was an missing entry on Port135. After the network guys sat the right one, Installation go ahead and could finalize. So thanks foryour support.

Regards

Carsten

Sunday, November 18, 2012 6:27 PM

All replies

• Is the user a Sysadmin on all the SQL servers?

Kent Agerlund | My blogs: blog.coretech.dk/kea and SCUG.dk/ | Twitter: @Agerlund | Linkedin: Kent Agerlund | Mastering ConfigMgr 2012 The Fundamentals

Friday, November 9, 2012 6:28 PM
  • Hi Kent,

yes he is.

Friday, November 9, 2012 6:32 PM
  • Is the account used a full admin in ConfigMgr?

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Friday, November 9, 2012 6:34 PM
  • Hi Torsten,

I've to check. But with this user I could setup the first primary site and the join to the CAS without any problems.

Carsten

Friday, November 9, 2012 6:45 PM
  • Could the firewall be enabled on the Server where you installing the secondary site?

Is the user that you are using for installation of secondary site local administrator on server for the secondary site?

Adam Bokiniec

Saturday, November 10, 2012 12:40 AM
  • attach message from the Configmgrsetup wizard:

Error: 1 : Received COMException while connecting to the SMS provider on <Servername>.com. Exception message: [The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA)].
    11/10/2012 8:33:47 PM: ConfigMgrSetupWizard Error: 1 : Failed to get provider location from %s
    11/10/2012 9:12:17 PM: ConfigMgrSetupWizard Error: 1 : Received COMException while connecting to the SMS provider on <Servername>.com. Exception message: [The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA)].
    11/10/2012 9:12:17 PM: ConfigMgrSetupWizard Error: 1 : Failed to get provider location from %s

Saturday, November 10, 2012 3:50 PM
  • "RPC server is unavailable" error messages are usually firewall issues, please check the firewall on the server you are trying to install the secondary site on.

Adam Bokiniec

Saturday, November 10, 2012 3:54 PM
  • Hi to all in this thread,

Adam are right. The problem was an missing entry on Port135. After the network guys sat the right one, Installation go ahead and could finalize. So thanks foryour support.

Regards

Carsten

Sunday, November 18, 2012 6:27 PM