none
windows recovery environment error RRS feed

• Question

• when laptop turns on and directed to boot manager.

that having one option - windows 7 and another windows recovery environment 

this isnt automatically redirect to windows 7 

but always ask me os selection. when i select window 7 option it open normally and every ting is normal 

but when i try to fix manaul selection of windows by trying to repair windows recovery environment option 

it shows an error- 0xc0000007. 

This happens after my windows was corrupted while installing windows 10 due to power lose (my battery damaged previosly,so using direct power supply)during installation of windows 10.

after that i had installed my original windows 7 professional disc provided by my dell laptop.

Please provide an solution for my problem.

Monday, March 7, 2016 3:04 PM

Answers

• Hi, sai kakumanu,

Are there any detailed error messages shown with error code 0xc0000007?
    The main issue is windows recovery environment is not available. Right?

First of all, we need make sure the Windows Recovery Environment is enabled.
    Run " reagentc /enable " command to enable Windows Recovery Environment.
    Then, verify the BCD entries for WinRE are correct. Run "bcdedit /enum all" command to display the BCD entries.

If the issue persists, we could try the following steps to restore Windows Recovery Environment.
    1. Make sure the Winre.wim file exists in the expected path.
    2. Open the ReAgent.xml file, configure the path for the ImageLocation. 

If the Winre.wim file is missing on your system, since you have an installation Disc, we need mount it and copy out the Winre.wim file.
    Please refer to this link for detailed information.

https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=587

Best regards.

NOTE: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites.

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 10:29 AM