none
Mapping SMB shares on 2012 clustered Fileserver

Question

• Hi,

Recently we moved for server 2008 R2 fileserver to a clustered 2012 R2 fileserver. Previously all drve mappings where done using GPO's. The GPO's where modified to target the SMB shares on the cluster using the update action. For a small proportion of users this worked fine and all the relevant shares where mapped correctly. For the majority of users only shares mapped to non 2012 servers where mapped. I generated a gpreport on a client machine with mapping problems and it reports that all drives where successfully mapped. The GPO has show drive selected  but the drives do not show as being mapped? Currently we have had to setup scripts to map the SMB shares correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 4:57 PM

All replies

• Hi Robinson,

I have tested for this. But I did not have the problem which you encounter.

I suggest you check the configuration of item-level on drive map setting.

If it is ok. I suggest you run the command GPresult /h C:\gpresult.html on these machine which the drives not show.

In addition, make sure the shared folder could be accessed by these clients.

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 13, 2016 6:55 AM
  • Hi,

I did run a gpresult and it reports that all drives where successfully mapped. The drives can be mapped with a script successfully. Just not with a GPO, only UNC drives will map with the GPO. Could this be a problem with digital signing on the SMB shares?

Friday, May 13, 2016 4:04 PM
  • Hi Robinson,

In my opinion, digital signing may be not the reason of the problem.

I suggest you run GPresult /h C:\gpresult.html when the user which does not work fine logon client.

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 20, 2016 7:57 AM