User Logon Script Not Working Under Local Machine GPO RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a Windows Server 2003 Domain with Windows XP SP-3 client machines. I am trying to deploy a shared printer on one XP machine to all the users of the other client machines through adding a local GPO user log on script.

The problem is that it is not adding printer for Domain Users upon their logon. I checked Application event log on the client machine and found the following error:

"Could not execute the following script AddNetworkPrinter.cmd. Access is denied."

However, I can verify that Local Users group on the client machine (and therefore Domain Users group) has access to the script due to the fact that if I manually run the same script by logging on as a Domain user, it works and adds the shared printer. And this is a local test environment, so not that issue of Slow Link Detection. Only problem the script is not working upon user log on.

Please note that when I login as a Domain Administrator on the client machine, then the log on script executes as expected.

What could be wrong? Log on script is the only setting that I have defined in the local GPO, and no other GPO is overriding this setting, which is confirmed with the fact that the script executes fine when I log on as Domain Administrator.

Thanks.
    Regards.

Sunday, October 14, 2012 8:12 PM

Answers

• The issue has been resolved. It was a permissions problem.
    • Marked as answer by wahkha Wednesday, October 24, 2012 4:34 PM
    Wednesday, October 24, 2012 4:34 PM