none
Inherited Large Azure / On-Prem Intune Installation... Where are the nuts and bolts write-ups? RRS feed

• Question

• Guys I just inherited a large hybrid AD Intune Installation and i have a few small issues :)

1) over 1000+ users show up in the offline for extended time report (at least 800+ are over 30 days)

2) over 250 users in the Agents not installed report

3) systems in DNS that do not appear in Intune All Devices report

4) New systems that Intune registers with local computer name before they are joined to domain and never re-registers with proper FQDN after deployment

5) New systems that NEVER SHOW up in Intune at all. I have watched them being imaged and joined to domain and confirmed that they have intune installed and yet they never appear in Intune (all devices) report. They do show up in DNS for the domain in question. 

I wont bore you with any more this is a good start... AD Replication between our on prem GC's and Azure seems to be working well. our AD and DNS show these systems as you would expect.

QUESTION?

where are the write-ups that explain how Intune works so i can gain enough knowledge to properly troubleshoot these issues?

where is Intune getting its information from? Does it compare it to Azure AD?

How does the end point communicate to the management console? what protocols are involved? 

where are the big boy toys????

Thanks

Lee

IT/Infosec

EmployBridge

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 4:36 PM

Answers

All replies