When I try to instally ActivClient 6.1 it freezes. RRS feed

• Question

• To everyone who is better at this stuff than me,

I am trying to download an update for a program called ActivGold 3.0.  With the update the program name has changed to ActivClient 6.1.  This program is under a "home use" license agreement for my job.  My desktop computer has this update already installed with no problems but it runs off of XP.  My laptop, which I use when I travel, run off of Vista.  There are actually 4 steps to the installation process.  My computer gets all of the way to step 4 and freezes at a certain point.

The box reads "Please wait while Windows configures the program" at the top and "Preparing to remove older versions of this application".  It reaches about 80% complete and freezes.  I have left it alone overnight and nothing; no error message, no completion message, it just stays in the same spot.

Because of the unique situation as to which I am allowed to use this program at home I receive little to no support from both my job and the company who makes the program.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks for reading.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 4:47 AM

All replies

• I had to stop the user access controls.  Once I did that the installation completed with no problems.  Problem Solved!

Sunday, November 18, 2007 5:09 AM