Proclarity Analytics Server Installation Problem RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

Im trying to install Analytics server on VPC. The VPC already has Sharepoint and PPS. When im trying to install Proclarity Analytics server, its throwing a Fatal Error and Set up is failing.

Error Details:
    Error 1309.Error reading from file: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\AnalyticsServer6.3\install\PAS\PAS\msxml\msxml6.msi.  System error 3.  Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

The msxml file exists and i have manually run the setup , it was successful.

Any ideas how to get over this error?

BTW, Sharepoint is on port 80 and Analytics server is trying to get installed on 81. I have changed port as 90 for default website.

Thanks

Rakesh

Thursday, June 19, 2008 7:20 PM

All replies

• Anybody has a workaround for this issue?

Regards

Rakesh

Friday, June 20, 2008 3:56 AM
  • Hi Rakesh,

This message is generally related to one of two issues:

1) The file path is too long, try copying the install package to the root of c:\ and run the install again.

2) The installation package was unzipped using the Windows Extraction Tool, not WinZip 10 or later.  If this is the case, re-extract the package with WinZip to see if your results differ.

If you are still experiencing the issue after these efforts, please provide additional details about the operating system you're installing on, what version of ProClarity you're installing, etc.

Hope this helps,

Bob

Friday, June 20, 2008 5:41 PM
  • Hi Bob,

I tried the first 2 steps but still there is problem.

Im using Virtual PC with windows 2003 OS, service pack1.

The VPC already has

Moss 2007,office 2007,Performance point monitoring server,SQL Server 2005 and visual studio 2005 installed.

Sharepoint is using 80 port, proclarity is trying to get installed on port 81.

Please suggest any workaround

Thanks in advance

Rakesh

Saturday, June 21, 2008 6:07 AM
  • Rakesh,

I wonder if it could be an issue with the installation package itself.  Would it be possible for you to attempt the install on another machine to see if you still experience the issue?  Perhaps a physical machine to rule out any issues with the virtual environment?

Thanks,

-Bob

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 4:27 PM