Resiliency\NotificationReminderAddinData RRS feed

• Question

• Outlook 365 Version 1807 (Build 10325.20082) introduced a new feature:
    > Outlook add-in warnings: Occasionally an Outlook COM add-in can encounter problems that slows down the rest of Outlook. These problems could be due to latency of events such as switching between Outlook folders, arrival of new emails, opening Calendar items, etc. When such issues arise, Outlook will display a warning in the notification bar.

I can't find any information about this new feature. However, I discovered the following new regkey:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Resiliency\NotificationReminderAddinData

I'm looking for documentation about this new regkey. Which values are used, what is the purpose of each value, etc. Does anybody have more information?

• Moved by Perry-Pan Tuesday, September 4, 2018 8:44 AM
    Friday, August 17, 2018 11:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You could refer to the details in this official article about this new feature.

I've researched and currently haven't found any articles regarding NotificationReminderAddinData. As I don't have this value here(Outlook 365 Version 1807 (Build 10325.20082) ), this may not be related with the new feature.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Wednesday, August 22, 2018 1:44 AM
    Monday, August 20, 2018 6:18 AM
  • Just check whether the information above is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, August 21, 2018 9:00 AM
  • Thanks for this article! I didn't know about it. However, I'm still curious what the impact of both options "Do not monitor the add-in for the next X days" is.
    Wednesday, August 22, 2018 11:19 AM
  • Hi,

Normally, unhealthy COM add-in will be disabled.

If you add an unhealthy COM add-in in Always Enabled List, it will show an alert in the warning notification.

You could choose “Do not monitor this add-in for the next xx days “ so that Outlook will not display this warning message for you during this period. Outlook will not check the running of this add-in.

After that, Outlook will still remind you that this COM add-in may cause some preference issue.

Regards,

Perry

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Tuesday, September 4, 2018 8:44 AM
    Thursday, August 23, 2018 1:33 AM
  • Hi,

I am writing to see how everything is going with this issue. If the information above was helpful, could you please help mark it as answer so it will be easy for other forum members who might have similar issues to find the useful one?

Regards,

Perry

Friday, August 24, 2018 6:27 AM
  • Hi,

Was my reply above helpful? If so, it would be appreciated that you can help mark the useful post as answer to close the thread so that it can be more easily for others who have a similar question to find the information.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Monday, August 27, 2018 1:45 AM
  • Hi Robin,

Was my reply above helpful? If so, it would be appreciated that you can help mark the useful post as answer to close the thread so that it can be more easily for others who have a similar question to find the information.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

Wednesday, August 29, 2018 6:41 AM