none
Owner name changes to the last person to edit a project RRS feed

• Question

• The owner of a project seems to bounce around from name to name when I want it to remain as one fixed owner - the one I set in the approval page. I think it changes to the last person to make a change or the person who has been viewing the project the most. Can anyone help to make it static?
    Friday, January 8, 2016 12:29 PM

All replies

• Hi,

do you really see a change owner name on PDP (Details or Information)?

Since you are referring to approval page, one possible issue comes into my mind. Status Updates are always sent to Status Manager. This is always the person, how added the task the project and can be changed by adding this field as column in Project client. Si it is not necessarily the project owner. So I assume, that you see Status Updates on Approval page of the person who added this task.

Is my assumption correct?
    Regards
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Friday, January 8, 2016 12:54 PM
  • 3946amy --

This sounds like a bug we ran into while I was working at a former employer.  What version of Project Server are you using?  2010 or 2013?  And is your software (both Project Server and Microsoft Project Professional) updated with the latest Service Packs and Cumulative Updates?  If memory serves me correctly, this problem was resolved with a bug fix in one of the CUs for Project Server 2010.  Anyway, please let us know and we will try to help you.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, January 8, 2016 4:30 PM
  • Hi,

Apologies for delay, I've been away.

So it's in the project centre view that the name change first comes to my attention and then I have to go back to the approval/initial page to change it back to who it is supposed to be. I use the project centre as delegated authority list and so the wrong people are being asked to sign stuff!

When I insert the status manager column in the project the correct name is shown and therefore timesheets are going to the correct approver. Therefore, my answer is that it is the PDP details that change.

Kind regards

Amy

Thursday, January 21, 2016 3:35 PM