none
More Data Usage RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I've just now installed ie11 for win7(64bit) (not enhanced by bing & msn)...

I found that my internet data usage is more when I'm online on ie11 than the previous version of ie..!

Pls tell me How to reduce the internet data usage ..!

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 1:47 PM

Answers

• Hi,

don't use it as much....

faster browser==more internet usage

contact your ISP to review your service agreement... many now offer high bandwidth plans that are considerably cheaper.... they won't tell you to change to a cheaper plan... you have to ask...(they make more money that way).

Post consumer questions about IE to http://answers.microsoft.com (Help>Online Support menu from IE)

Thx.

Rob^_^

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 11:57 PM
  • Hi,

I agree with Rob,

You can reduce your data usage by optimizing web content, like images, JavaScript and text.

You may also use IE 11 with intelligent caching and block Web Ads.

In addition, since a typical web browsing session requires hundreds of TCP/IP connections and DNS lookups to retrieve web pages, you may contact your ISP to optimized TCP/IP Connections.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, December 19, 2013 1:00 AM

All replies

• Hi,

don't use it as much....

faster browser==more internet usage

contact your ISP to review your service agreement... many now offer high bandwidth plans that are considerably cheaper.... they won't tell you to change to a cheaper plan... you have to ask...(they make more money that way).

Post consumer questions about IE to http://answers.microsoft.com (Help>Online Support menu from IE)

Thx.

Rob^_^

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 11:57 PM
  • Hi,

I agree with Rob,

You can reduce your data usage by optimizing web content, like images, JavaScript and text.

You may also use IE 11 with intelligent caching and block Web Ads.

In addition, since a typical web browsing session requires hundreds of TCP/IP connections and DNS lookups to retrieve web pages, you may contact your ISP to optimized TCP/IP Connections.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, December 19, 2013 1:00 AM