DPM 2012 SP1 UR2 backup of HPV 2012 Host VM Failure RRS feed

• Question

• I am testing DPM 2012 SP1 UR2 ability to backup our test Hyper-V environment and so far not working. 

The DPM server is on a physical server with a OS of 2008R2.

I have a stand-alone 2012R2 HPV server with DAS.  The VM is located on the DAS.

I created the protection group and selected the HPV server and it shows the VM as \online\name of server.

After protection group creation the job goes into Replica is inconsistent and an attempt to Run a syncronization job with consistency check fails.

The VM is also a 2012 R2 server.

I looked into the following link but none of the pre-reqs seem applicable to DPM 2012 and a 2012R2 based server for any further updates.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh758184.aspx

I thought I saw somewhere that each guest VM must have a SCSI adapter installed for this to work?

Suggestions?

Friday, December 27, 2013 6:00 PM

Answers

• Hi,

DPM 2012 SP1 UR2 does not support protecting Windows Server 2012 R2 workloads - please upgrade to DPM 2012 R2.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, December 27, 2013 7:31 PM