none
Xbox One Chatpad Orange Blinking Light on PC RRS feed

• Question

• ​I have been trying for several days to get my Xbox One Chatpad to cooperate with my Windows 10 PC. I have tried updating three different controllers to the latest firmware using one that updated through the Xbox One console, one updated via micro USB, and one updated via Xbox One Wireless adapter for PC. No matter what I do after updating using the Xbox Accessories app, the chatpad has a blinking orange light that, from what I've read, indicates the controller requires an update. I have done constant troubleshooting on this issue after having contacted Microsoft support, I am out of options and hope an expert on the issue can be of assistance here. 

I will provide any additional details if necessary to the solution of this problem.

Thanks

Thursday, May 11, 2017 1:17 AM

All replies

• I've been looking for a solution to this for nearly 8 months now, still haven't found anything. Microsoft just doesn't care about small shit like this.
    Thursday, May 11, 2017 5:05 PM
  • Let’s search solution here.

XBox One Chatpad for Windows 10 woes (blinking orange light)

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/11/360672304898825790/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

In addition, for xbox one issue, you could ask for help from xbox community.

https://forums.xbox.com/en-US/search?forumId=&q=xbox%20one%20chatpad

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. 

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 12, 2017 8:49 AM
  • i have exactly the same problem. i bought the controller when windows 10 came out. till today i try it once a week. it hardly connects to accessory app. it wont update controler and pad because it is latest firmware. chatpad never worked till today. and if i read "Let's seach solution here." i cry and want to toss my controller at the guy that leads the xbox project! when will you wake up and update the app and drivers? i feel fooled by microsoft. even better - i bought the xbox 360 controller first with chatpad to read a super small notice that it is not working out with windows pc... but why? then i got my xbox one controller with the notice that this will work with windows but does not... why? i know i sound like a super idiot user and mostly the problem sits in front of the screen but i am not. i feedback all of your help sites and never get response. i post on twitter and never get an answere. why you fool around like this and dont care?
    Thursday, November 2, 2017 10:56 PM
  • Hi dear friend
    You have a great site
    Hope to be successful and proud
    Monday, September 10, 2018 6:12 AM
  • I bought the xbox 360 controller first with Chatpad to read a super small notice that it is not working out with pc. So what

Saturday, November 9, 2019 10:14 AM