Win7 POS ready - Reliability monitor is empty - RACtask doesn't exists RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody,
    <i'm french, so please, excuses my mistakes>

I'm actually using Windows 7 POS ready on many computers, hosted at our clients.
    I discovered recently that the reliability monitor is not filled by events.

So i investigated and noticed that :
    - the Events Viewer is hugely poulated with all warnings/erros/messages as any other Windows
    - from Microsoft: "The RACAgent is a hidden scheduled task that is automatically configured during system installation. This task is responsible for gathering reliability data and displaying it in chart view."
    - in Scheduled Tasks, the "RACtask" doesn't exists (i've checked the hidden tasks..)
    - if i import this task from a simple Windows7 Pro, the task doesn't work, and the DLL called by the task (RacEngn.dll)
      doesn't exists in %systemroot%\system32\.
    - if i import the DLL from a Win7 Pro, the task return error "
    %1 Is Not a Valid Win32 Application".
    - i haven't found any "installation package" to add/install the feature in POSReady.

I'm stuck, and, in case that someone can found a solution,
    i must notice that we already installed ~200 machines in all France territory.
    So a solution of kind "you must add this file/package to your install.wim setup disk" will not do the job...
    A zippable solution/batch/script/method/magic would be a miracle.

Someone ? :/

• Edited by ArlyssFR Friday, February 3, 2017 10:19 AM HTML in title (quote character)
    • Moved by Sean LimingMVP Friday, February 3, 2017 4:22 PM POSReady Question
    Friday, February 3, 2017 10:19 AM

Answers

• Not sure what the problem is, but The issue might be more technical. I suggest that you raise the issue to your local Microsoft distributor or directly to Microsoft.

This forum is for Windows Embedded Standard 7. I will move the question to the POSReady forum.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Friday, February 3, 2017 4:21 PM