Silently install Windows Media sdk RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to figure out how to silently install wmformat11sdk.exe

I tried

Start /Wait wmformat11sdk.exe /q

but after it unpacks, it prompts me for next...and everything else.

I tried

Start /Wait wmformat11sdk.exe /q /c:"wmformatsdk.msi /q"

but it says "Error creating process ..wmformatsdk.msi /q. Reason: C:\WINDOWS\system32\advpack.dll"

So when it unpacks to a temporary location, there is a file advpack.dll in that directory, so why can't it figure it out?

Thursday, December 13, 2007 4:04 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I downloaded the Windows Media Format SDK and perform a test, It can be installed silently successfully, the following are the detail steps:

1.    Open CMD as administrator.

2.    Run: wmformat11sdk.exe /t:<location to release the temporary installation file> /q /c

3.    Run: msiexec /I “temporary folder\WMFormatSDK.msi” /qn

Hope this helps.

--------------------
    Regards,
    Eric Zhang
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Monday, December 17, 2007 9:09 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I downloaded the Windows Media Format SDK and perform a test, It can be installed silently successfully, the following are the detail steps:

1.    Open CMD as administrator.

2.    Run: wmformat11sdk.exe /t:<location to release the temporary installation file> /q /c

3.    Run: msiexec /I “temporary folder\WMFormatSDK.msi” /qn

Hope this helps.

--------------------
    Regards,
    Eric Zhang

Monday, December 17, 2007 9:09 AM
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as ‘Answered’ as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios.

If the issue still persists and you want to return to this question, please reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems.

Thanks!
    --------------------
    Regards,
    Eric Zhang

Thursday, December 20, 2007 1:40 AM