How to migrate nested collections? RRS feed

• Question

• In our SCCM 2007 environment we have dozens of nested collections, some are 4 or 5 collections deep too.   How do you migrate that over to CM2012?   In a lab environment I tried to migrate the collection.

TestCollection\One Deep\Two Deep\Three Deep

Each of the 4 collection had a machine inside of it. the migration wizard worked but I don't see my collections in the CM2012 console.

mqh7

Friday, December 27, 2013 11:28 PM

Answers

• The Collections should be migrated, ususally it's a refresh of the console that is required to see the new folders and Collections. One thing you can do to verify the migration is checking the "objects in job" status. It will provide you with information about the success/failure of the migration. You can also check the migmctl.log file for detailed information about the process.

Kent Agerlund | My blogs: blog.coretech.dk/kea and SCUG.dk/ | Twitter: @Agerlund | Linkedin: Kent Agerlund | Mastering ConfigMgr 2012 The Fundamentals

• Proposed as answer by Juke Chou Sunday, December 29, 2013 3:39 PM
    • Marked as answer by Juke Chou Tuesday, January 7, 2014 4:25 PM
    Saturday, December 28, 2013 10:01 AM
  • The migration wizard will take care of nested collections. Use the following SQL query to check if they were really migrated at all:
    select * from v_Collection

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Saturday, December 28, 2013 10:07 AM

All replies

• The Collections should be migrated, ususally it's a refresh of the console that is required to see the new folders and Collections. One thing you can do to verify the migration is checking the "objects in job" status. It will provide you with information about the success/failure of the migration. You can also check the migmctl.log file for detailed information about the process.

Kent Agerlund | My blogs: blog.coretech.dk/kea and SCUG.dk/ | Twitter: @Agerlund | Linkedin: Kent Agerlund | Mastering ConfigMgr 2012 The Fundamentals

Saturday, December 28, 2013 10:01 AM
  • The migration wizard will take care of nested collections. Use the following SQL query to check if they were really migrated at all:
    select * from v_Collection

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Saturday, December 28, 2013 10:07 AM