none
Activation Error '0xC004F074' RRS feed

• Question

• hello,
    I have licensed version of Windows 8 installed on my laptop.But for the past few days its showing activation error '0xC004F074'. I have tried many things like using sfc /scannow in cmd but it was useless.

please help

Saturday, March 8, 2014 6:09 PM

All replies

• Hi,

the error 0xC004F074 (described here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff793399.aspx ), usually means that you have installed a Volume Licensing product, and by default it requires that you implement an activation server (KMS) in your company infrastructure.
    If you don't intend to have more than 25 computers in your company, KMS is not the correct solution, so instead your VL agreement will provide you with MAK product keys, which you "install" upon the machines, and these activate with MS webservers.

If you don't have a VL agreement (you don't have either KMS nor MAK product keys), then it seems you have installed an incorrect edition of Windows?
    Or is your Windows installation from some developer benefit, or educational benefit?

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Saturday, March 8, 2014 11:28 PM
  • hello Don,

Thanks for replying. I am using this windows for my personal use, its not for a company. 

I installed windows 8 (basically upgraded from windows 7) on my laptop and it worked perfectly fine for about one and a half years. This activation problem started about a week back. 

Thank you.

Sunday, March 9, 2014 6:57 AM
  • To fix this problem, you'll need to contact a Microsoft Customer Support representative.

Carey Frisch

Sunday, March 9, 2014 7:45 AM
  • What is the output from

slmgr /dlv

?

Regards

Milos

Sunday, March 9, 2014 9:16 AM
  • hello Milos,

Its not allowing me to attach a image(output screen of 'slmgr /dlv') here.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 9:15 AM