none
User GPO does not apply and even doesn't show in gpresult -r

Question

• Hello folks! Having a weird issue with user GPOs which are not applying to my terminal server. Policy is linked correctly the scope is OK too and only applies to domain users and it should create (via update option) several shortcuts. I am having two DC and I used repadmin /showrepl to check if there are any replication issues but it shows like everything is successful. After trying gpresult -r I realized that other (only for computers) GPO applied without any issues BUT users GPO it is even not showing (not denied or anything like it does not exists) in gpresult -r. 

Thought before I used "Apply once and do not reapply" for the shortcuts but I think it is not the root of the problem because terminal server does not sees the very user GPO itself. No block inheritance or something like this also and I am having no enforced GPO.

I read like it may be a problem of a loopback processing but I checked both GPO (I have two of them, one for computers with the corresponding scope and the other one is for users with corresponding Domain Users scope) and noticed no turned on loopback policies. No WMI or item trageted filtering also.

In general, I am having the following domain structure. Two DC (second one is additional), default domain policies links disabled and two other GPO are for users and for computers.

Having no idea of what to do. Thanks in advance for any advices! 

• Edited by vstelmak Sunday, July 31, 2016 10:55 AM
    Sunday, July 31, 2016 10:52 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

First, I suggest you check if there are GPO link to the parent OU (or default domain policy) and the terminal server inherit it.

Second, have you install updates MS16-072?

If yes, try this:

1. Add the Authenticated Users group with Read Permissions on the Group Policy Object (GPO).
    2. If you are using security filtering, add the Domain Computers group with read permission.

For more information, you could refer to the article below.

MS16-072: Security update for Group Policy: June 14, 2016

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3163622

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 1, 2016 7:18 AM