Using Filters RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all hoping someone can help me with the following.

i am displaying a chart showing the number of newly created contacts based on sales engineer, i have created a filter that allows me to view the current month totals and last months totals.

This is simply shown with engineer name on the bottom axis and total on the left axix.

how would it be possible to create a view within the same chart that would show the two months side by side, i am able to do this by creating a new chart but wanted to know if you could do it from a filter pehaps.

Please help

John

Thursday, June 30, 2011 10:37 AM

Answers

• Place the time (date) portion in the series, the names on the bottom axis, and the measure and other items needed for filtering in the background.  This will provide the current month and previous month values side-by-side for each engineer name.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    • Marked as answer by pepps1976 Thursday, June 30, 2011 3:09 PM
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 12:30 PM

All replies

• Place the time (date) portion in the series, the names on the bottom axis, and the measure and other items needed for filtering in the background.  This will provide the current month and previous month values side-by-side for each engineer name.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    • Marked as answer by pepps1976 Thursday, June 30, 2011 3:09 PM
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 12:30 PM
  • Thanks Dan

that has worked great

i wondered if you could possibly explain something to me

if i had a pivot graph that showed total order value in our fiscal tears from 2001 to current from that i could the n dril down to a dimension called grouped products, but i wanted to view the grouped products by month am i right in saying that i would have to create a filter to show whatever months that i wanted, i would then have to turn it from pivot to graph, to be able to get the month on the bottom axix.

or is there an easier way to do that.

i ahve read somewhere that a connection formula may do that but i am not completely sure what a connection formul is, to me it is just the same as a time intelligence filter.

john

Thursday, June 30, 2011 1:08 PM