Bulk downloading files from SharePoint sites using the same document library as a template RRS feed

• Question

• I work at a large organization that uses SharePoint for an intranet. We were using SharePoint 2007 for the longest time but we have begun migrating to SharePoint 2013. Some sites from other departments are already running on SharePoint 2013 but our site is still on SharePoint 2007. Eventually our site will be moving to SharePoint 2013 before the end of the year I believe.The department that I work for is project management and our SharePoint site contains a directory of 180+ projects. These sites have a directory of folders where project managers upload various documents for the projects they're working on. There are subfolders inside the main folders. For the purpose of simplicity I'll describe the folder structure like this:

MainFolder1-Subfolder1,Subfolder2,Subfolder3.

MainFolder2-Subfolder1,Subfolder2,Subfolder3.

MainFolder3-Subfolder1,Subfolder2,Subfolder3.

We want to download certain documents within specific folders for an audit. For example we might want to download all documents in Subfolder1 in MainFolder1 and all files in Subfolder3 in MainFolder2. Rather than manually going through each project site and going through each folder, we want to find a faster and/or automated way of doing this. Is there a way to do this through some type of SharePoint workflow or would it be possible with a script written in PowerShell? I found that I have PowerShell 1.0 installed on my work computer.

Thursday, December 5, 2013 10:02 PM

Answers