UxSms service running at a constant 6% load on one PC and at 0% on an identical setup RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm trying to figure this one out for a long time now.

I have 2 identical systems set up. (Fujitsu W520 Core i7 4790 16GB ram 128GB SSD Running Windows 7 Pro)

These systems are used in a machine vision setup. We need all the processing power we have, literally all of it, to calculate all values in time to keep up with production. These are running in the field for about a year and a half now

My problem right now is that on one of these machines, about 8 months ago I think, the system started to get out of sync (data was sent too late, missing production cycles) because the calculations were taking a few milliseconds longer than on the other system.

After a closer inspection it looked like the only difference was the UxSms service. This was running at a constant 6% on the slower machine and at 0% at the faster machine.

Disabling this service is no option as the graphical offload that this service controls gets dumped on the CPU, causing a 10% load increase, making it even worse.

I tried making an image of the good system and restoring it to the problematic system, but due to some complications could not be tested in depth (had to be done in a production environment, upon swapping only 2 of the 3 camera's could connect, so I had to return to the old system as fast as possible)

Does anyone know how to get that load back to 0% and keep it there?

There are no GPU intesive tasks being performed, the system only calculates a lot of positions and displays 1 image of every camera every second.

No antivirus or firewall running (offline system)

If you need any extra info please let me know

Thank you in advance for every kind of help you provide

Wednesday, June 28, 2017 6:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

At first, please try to check the issue in a Clean Boot environment.

Update your Graphic driver to the latest from manufacturer website.

We could use Windows system performance tool to monitor the symptom on the 2 computers. The tool will generate 2 files automatically during the process, please upload the 2 files to OneDrive and poste the link here.

Best regards,

Joy.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 29, 2017 10:58 AM
  • The diagnostics necessary to pinpoint the source of your situation would have to be conducted by highly competent technicians with highly specialized equipment.

This is definitely not something you will solve via an internet forum with absolutely no access to the equipment for analysis.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Proposed as answer by Joy-Qiao Friday, July 7, 2017 1:49 AM
    Thursday, June 29, 2017 11:27 AM