Network configuration for multiple ISPs with Multiple DSL modems RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am a lecturer in an educational institution. Our college has been sanctioned about 10 ISP connections for educational purpose. Ease DSL modem connects to the internet with a specific land (wired) connection and enables four computers with its four RJ45 sockets. But, the problem is that we are unable to access our intranet from those 4 computers.

My task is to connect our intranet to internet through 10 ISP lines.

Internet

|           |       |       |    

DSL    DSL  DSL  DSL

|______|____|____|

|   |    |

network switch       

|

our intranet

Can any one explain me how to do the setup. Distribute the network load and access the internet whether a particular modem is on/off.

With ragards. Kindly be details as I am a new bee to Networking

Narender 

Saturday, April 3, 2010 5:33 AM

Answers

• Hi
    Thanks for post here
    As you descript, I think you are talk about the “Multilink Connections”
    Multilink allows users to combine analog modem paths, ISDN paths, and even mixed analog and digital communications links on client and server computers. Multilinking combines multiple physical links into a logical bundle to increase bandwidth. 
    In Windows the Multilink features in Routing and Remote Access.
    Wednesday, April 7, 2010 8:42 AM

All replies

• Hi
    Thanks for post here
    As you descript, I think you are talk about the “Multilink Connections”
    Multilink allows users to combine analog modem paths, ISDN paths, and even mixed analog and digital communications links on client and server computers. Multilinking combines multiple physical links into a logical bundle to increase bandwidth. 
    In Windows the Multilink features in Routing and Remote Access.
    Wednesday, April 7, 2010 8:42 AM
  • Hi Narenvadpal

I just want to check if the information provided was helpful. If there is any update on this issue, please feel free to let me know.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Thanks

Tiger

Monday, April 12, 2010 1:28 AM