blue screen help - windows 7 ultimate RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am getting blue screen on regular basis everyday on my computer.  It's a windows 7 ultimate i have updated service pack 1.

Problem Event Name:    BlueScreen
      OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
      Locale ID:    3081

Additional information about the problem:
      BCCode:    d1
      BCP1:    0000000000000008
      BCP2:    0000000000000002
      BCP3:    0000000000000000
      BCP4:    FFFFF88002E16D06
      OS Version:    6_1_7601
      Service Pack:    1_0
      Product:    256_1

here is the screen text i've screen.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Saturday, January 19, 2013 3:01 AM

Answers

• Hi,

According to BSOD error code D1, you can refer to Bug Check 0xD1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Windows Debuggers).

To check the this issue, please locate the dump file in the \Windows\Minidump folder and upload it so that we can analyze it. Before we could get your Minidump files, you can check following:

1. Update your BIOS, chipset and the drivers

2. Scan the system to check for the virus

3. Test the issue in Clean Boot and Safe Mode

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, January 21, 2013 7:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to BSOD error code D1, you can refer to Bug Check 0xD1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Windows Debuggers).

To check the this issue, please locate the dump file in the \Windows\Minidump folder and upload it so that we can analyze it. Before we could get your Minidump files, you can check following:

1. Update your BIOS, chipset and the drivers

2. Scan the system to check for the virus

3. Test the issue in Clean Boot and Safe Mode

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang

Monday, January 21, 2013 7:59 AM
  • Hi Vincent,

I did ran the test and all seems fine.  I also have Mcafee installed for virus.

Thanks for the response.  Sorry I was away hence the delay in my reply.  I uploaded the dump file to skydrive.    It seems the skydrive look and feel is changed compare to your upload help.

I've tried to create share and here is the link for it.

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=a1f7f97e7d50cc1e&id=A1F7F97E7D50CC1E%21189&Bsrc=Share&Bpub=SDX.SkyDrive&sc=Documents&authkey=!AncMvZS_a_ZCdKg

Please let me know if you have any questions and thanks a ton for the help

Cheers

Thursday, January 31, 2013 8:04 AM
  • Hi,

After checking this dump file, I found the issue is related to vsdatant.sys, which appears to be a driver installed by ZoneAlarm.

I suggest you update it to the latest version or uninstall it to test the issue.

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang

Friday, February 1, 2013 8:25 AM
  • Hi Vincent,

Thanks for spending time to analyze the dump files.  I am surprised that I don't have Zonealarm installed in my computer.  I use to have AVG anti virus, since I bought 3year license for Mcafee I am using it.  I don't have anything else running in entire Alphabet "Z". I also did complete search as well, but no luck.

I hope I'll find some answer soon.  If I don't have any other choice I need to format my computer and start fresh.

Friday, February 1, 2013 8:34 AM