Diagnostics-Performance No Log win7 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a issue to retrieve Diagnotics- Performance log in window 7. In Diagnotics-Performance have 0 number of events

I had been try out all the finding in google. I had try:

1. Verified that the diagnostic performance > operational log is enabled
    2. Services: ‘Diagnostic Policy Service’ (auto) and ‘Diagnostic service host’ (manual) were running
    3. Verified that GPO is not disabled for:
    - Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Troubleshooting
    - Diagnostics\Windows Boot Performance Diagnostics Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Troubleshooting and Diagnostics\Diagnostics: Configuration scenario executing level
    4. sfc /scannow

5. window repair tool 

6. C:\Windows\System32\winevt - provide full access right

Any one have any idea how to resolve my issue. TQ

Wednesday, July 2, 2014 9:30 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This log reports potential performance issues with the client by alerting on drivers, services, or applications that experience resource contention or take too long to respond during the "sleep", "resume", and "reboot" operations. so my first thought is that maybe you don't have issue like these.

Any way, another location you might need to check is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Diagnostics\Performance\

When system boot or shutdown time or something else reach threshold value in this registry entry, a warning\error will be recorded in diagnostics-performance/operational log

As an alternative way, you can also use  sysinternals tools like Process Monitor\Explorer or Windows Performance Toolkit to trace the performance issue

http://blogs.technet.com/b/yongrhee/archive/2013/10/15/tool-windows-performance-toolkit-xperf-wprui-and-wpr-updated-version-as-of-aug-2013.aspx

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-in/sysinternals/bb795533.aspx

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, July 3, 2014 2:35 AM
  • Tq for your reply. i did check on the threshold value is default value. I had try out most of the suggestion that i can found in google. Seem like no luck. Did this event log have any security access involve or setting need to be done?
    Thursday, July 3, 2014 7:37 AM
  • Hi,

As I know, we have tried most of the solutions, what I'm thinking now is that there's no potential performance issues of your system.

Could you please tell us the reason why you want to have the log? Do you encounter any problems about system performance? The tools I mentioned in my first reply can also be helpful for troubleshooting performance issue.

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, July 4, 2014 9:53 AM