About Vista Partition Problem RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have only one basic hard disk. Three primary parititons followed by three logical drives.

I had windows xp on my first primary partition.Later,I install vista on the third primary partition. I find that after installing vista, there appear some small pieces of partitions in Disk Management view in xp.What's the matter with those small pieces?

And even more,when I read MBR, the result of the start position of the third primary partition adding   the lenth of the partition exceeds the start position of the extend partition. That will absolutely cause some problems in some situations. I wonder why the vista do so?

Monday, January 29, 2007 1:32 AM

Answers

• You need to repair your MBR, this can be by using an old Windows 98/ME Startup Disk where you boot from and use command:

A:\fdisk\mbr to repair it.

Good luck

Monday, January 29, 2007 10:42 AM

All replies

• You need to repair your MBR, this can be by using an old Windows 98/ME Startup Disk where you boot from and use command:

A:\fdisk\mbr to repair it.

Good luck

Monday, January 29, 2007 10:42 AM
  • bootrec /fixmbr

from WinRe with vista dvd. And I doubt alot of highends still use floppies.

Monday, January 29, 2007 2:02 PM
  • Floppies should be exist at any computer for some reasons.
    Monday, January 29, 2007 4:32 PM
  • Awesome! the command got xp and vista back. I had a 3rd party boat loader that was messing up and was able to use the bootrec /fixmbr and boot /fixboot to get back my vista and xp .  Thanks a bunch!
    Saturday, February 10, 2007 10:39 AM