none
Deleting devices - direct rule in device collection still persists

Question

• Hello,

When removing a device (right click – delete) the device is deleted in all device collections (as it meant to be) but the direct rule query in each device collection still persists. When adding the device afterwards with the same name and to the same device collection the direct rule query shows the device twice (the old one that was previously deleted and the new one with the same name).

It seems there is a bug or does anyone have suggestions what is the reason for this?

Thanks in advance!

• Edited by JannikW Thursday, September 13, 2012 7:41 AM
    Thursday, September 13, 2012 7:26 AM

Answers

• Thank you for your feedbacks. This issue has been identified since SCCM 2012 RTM and has been fixed in SP1 build. So if you are using CTP or Beta of SCCM 2012 SP1, you will see the membership rules of deleted devices/users in the collections be removed automatically.

Thursday, September 13, 2012 5:07 PM

All replies

• That's by design. A direct membership rule uses the resourceID of the client (and the client will have a new after after it was re-added to the database).

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Thursday, September 13, 2012 7:44 AM
  • But when deleting a device it should be removed in each collection and query or not?

It should disappear everywhere in the system.

Thursday, September 13, 2012 8:20 AM
  • I agree, deleting a device from ConfigMgr (assuming I didn't do it accidentally) means that I want to remove it and all traces of it from collections etc. - but yet the direct membership rule persists.

My Personal Blog: http://madluka.wordpress.com

Thursday, September 13, 2012 12:48 PM
  • Thank you for your feedbacks. This issue has been identified since SCCM 2012 RTM and has been fixed in SP1 build. So if you are using CTP or Beta of SCCM 2012 SP1, you will see the membership rules of deleted devices/users in the collections be removed automatically.

Thursday, September 13, 2012 5:07 PM