none
VM's not using RCT even though guest running 2016 and config version 8 RRS feed

• Question

• We have configured a new Windows Server 2016 Cluster and have started migrating Server 2016 VM's over to it. Once migrated, we shut the VM down and update the config version to 8.0. When we add these VM's into DPM 2016, some are using RCT and others are not. I can't find a reason for this? 

Simon Holman
    Expeed Technology
    Australian Web Hosting

Thursday, June 28, 2018 6:39 AM

Answers

• I sorted the issue out. I was following those steps Matej, but I was clicking on the cluster to refresh it, which is what I've always done to update the listing of VM's, rather than refreshing the actual VM itself. Once I did that, it changed over to RCT

Simon Holman
    Expeed Technology
    Australian Web Hosting

Thursday, June 28, 2018 9:45 AM

All replies

• Hi!

What build of DPM 2016 are you using?

Also could you provide a screenshot of your problem?

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

Thursday, June 28, 2018 7:23 AM
  • Once you move the VM and update configuration version you should remove the VM from protection group with retain data option. Open the protection group and select Refresh to update the data source then add your VM back to the protection group. 

Microsoft Certified Professional

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Thursday, June 28, 2018 9:37 AM
  • I sorted the issue out. I was following those steps Matej, but I was clicking on the cluster to refresh it, which is what I've always done to update the listing of VM's, rather than refreshing the actual VM itself. Once I did that, it changed over to RCT

Simon Holman
    Expeed Technology
    Australian Web Hosting

Thursday, June 28, 2018 9:45 AM