Office 2016 won't add Onedrive account RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Im using the currently newest (official) OSX and Office 2016. Since some time my OneDrive account disappeared from the list of Word, Excel, Powerpoint. I tried to add my account again, but always get this error message (excuse me for my unprecise translation from german to english):

"Unfortunatly this change can't be done, due to a problem with your account. To repair your account, try again to logon with your account." (I will attach a screenshot later, if it will be possible).

Doing the login again, doen't help anything. Besides this issue, I don't have any problems on my system. What could this be?

Thank you in advance

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 11:23 AM

Answers

• I found the solution by myself

(A complete re-install didn't change anything).

I'm using an Office365-license. Somehow the connection/login to the corresponding office/onedrive account was missing. I needed to first login again with the corresponding onedrive account. After that I was able to connect more OneDrive accounts.

• Marked as answer by M.S.D Thursday, April 27, 2017 3:03 PM
    Thursday, April 27, 2017 3:03 PM

All replies

• I uploaded the screenshot (wasn't able to add it directly to this post): https://ibb.co/fEfHdv
    Wednesday, March 1, 2017 12:50 PM
  • Hi,

Is it a personal OneDrive account or an OneDrive for Business account?

Can you logon to your OneDrive account via the webmail interface in a browser?

Do you have the two step verification enabled for your account? If so, please try to sign in with the app password generated via the instructions here and then see if this issue continues.

Please let me know the result.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 2, 2017 8:19 AM
  • Hi Steve

Thank you for taking time and trying to help me. It's a personal OneDrive account (also used for Windows 8 / 10 logons on my other devices).

I followed your steps to activate the two-step authorization including PIN. The result was, that I was prompted to enter the code, which was send to my email. But after that, I ended up with the same problem (same error message, described above).

I think I have to reinstall office?

Thanks and BR,

Matthias

Friday, March 3, 2017 8:19 PM
  • Hi Matthias,

If you don't have the two step verification enabled, you should be able to add the account via the normal way.

Have you tried reinstalling Office? If so, have the issue got fixed?

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Wednesday, April 5, 2017 9:43 AM
    Thursday, March 9, 2017 9:10 AM
  • I found the solution by myself

(A complete re-install didn't change anything).

I'm using an Office365-license. Somehow the connection/login to the corresponding office/onedrive account was missing. I needed to first login again with the corresponding onedrive account. After that I was able to connect more OneDrive accounts.

• Marked as answer by M.S.D Thursday, April 27, 2017 3:03 PM
    Thursday, April 27, 2017 3:03 PM