none
Backups crashing CSV Volumes RRS feed

• Question

• We've had a 2 node hyper-v cluster running and backing up using DPM 2010 for a long time with no issues. The hosts talk to the CSV LUN's via fiber channel while DPM uses iSCSI for its storage. We just tried to move the hosts to iSCSI from fiber channel over the same iSCSI subnet as the DPM server and when a backup starts it crashes the CSV volume the VM is on. Sometimes I see the volumes are in a redirected mode (not sure what that means) during the backup attempt, sometimes not. The SAN is an EMC VNX5300 and we use Powerpath with EMC DSM.

Can anyone provide me with any information as to what to look at? I am building a test lab with a hyper-v cluster to do more testing but any ideas to test would be appreciated.

Friday, August 19, 2011 3:12 PM

Answers

• If the above suggested answer did not help in resolving the thread please re-open it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Regards, Michael V [MSFT] - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 7:03 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Since the only change to your configuration between working and non-working is the iscsi connectivity to the cluster shared volumes, please review this article and ensure you have the network configured properly for iscsi based CSV and redirected mode access.

System Center Data Protection Manager 2010 Hyper-V protection: Configuring cluster networks for CSV redirected access
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2473194

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, September 5, 2011 7:02 PM
  • If the above suggested answer did not help in resolving the thread please re-open it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Regards, Michael V [MSFT] - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 7:03 PM