TOO MANY BUTTONS on TASK BAR RRS feed

• Question

• Dear MVP, Users and Moderators,

I have far too many buttons on the right hand side of the Task Bar.  I find closing them tedious, and the way I do it is unprogressive.  [That is, I click on them and Exit].  They come back.  Is it when I reboot?  Well, they don't stay away.  I have programs I have trialled and would like to keep in mind.  But that is a job for my Win Calendar.  I don't need those on my Task Bar.  About 4 things interest me at all times - Is the wireless router connected?  Is the X-Lite softphone up?  Is the Volume Control handy?  and it the Battery charged?

Apart from that, I do not need a crowd of buttons.
    My appreciation of the Forum discussions is that there is more to this facility than I know.  However, as ever, one needs to whittle things down to a reachable number of objectives within a limited life span.

One bugbear is the Telstra Prepaid Text Buddy icon appears on both sides of the Taks bar.

I am willing to wait out an answer for this issue.

Concluding:
    How do I control how many buttons appear on the Task Bar and why?

Yours
    BlueyQ
    Public user

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 5:19 AM

Answers

• Find the offending icon, select open or launch the application it represents. Then find the preferences or settings or advanced settings for that application and configure it to not start\run when Windows starts.

The other alternative is to visit programs and uninstall those that you currently are not going to use. This is a good practice anyway.

Finally, you can configure the notification area on the lower right to hide icons that you do not wish to see.

Those on the left are pinned to quick launch. You can configure those also, unpin them.

Start=>Help and Support and search quick launch and notification area  or task bar\configure. That should find some topics of reference to assist in personalizing the desktop.

• Proposed as answer by Miya Yao Friday, June 17, 2011 7:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Thursday, June 23, 2011 9:22 AM
    Wednesday, June 15, 2011 12:17 PM