Testing of sequenced Office 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am attempting to sequence office 2010 proplus 32bit. Currently users have XP and either office 2003 or 2007 nativly installed. Users will be migrated to windows 7 using the USMT. I am creating 2 packages for office, one that will migrate user settings from office 2003 and one that will migrate settings from office 2007. I am turning on all the feature proxies. What I'm looking for is a way to confirm/test that my feature proxies are working. Does anyone have a list of things to check after I have deployed my virtual office 2010.

Currently I have the following:

Right click a document on the desktop and email it to someone using the right click send-to menu

Launch a live meeting by inviting users from outlook

Open and edit sharepoint documents on the server through internet explorer

Test any outlook plug-ins / add-ins

Insert a video into a powerpoint

Click start button and search for emails and office documents

Send something to the OneNote printer

I think there maybe some features with office communicator (send email, start live meeting, webcam etc)

Any suggestions would be welcome :)

Thursday, September 22, 2011 11:17 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Usually we assist any business units forming their requirements - testing functionality just for the sake of testing functionality is usually time wasted
    /Znack
    • Marked as answer by JackORegan Friday, September 23, 2011 8:41 AM
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 12:18 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Usually we assist any business units forming their requirements - testing functionality just for the sake of testing functionality is usually time wasted
    /Znack
    • Marked as answer by JackORegan Friday, September 23, 2011 8:41 AM
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 12:18 PM
  • Those tests look fine to me, but as Znack says, UAT scenarios might need to go beyond these 

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.
    • Proposed as answer by znack Thursday, September 22, 2011 1:14 PM
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 12:29 PM