WSUS Deadlines and Failed Updates RRS feed

• Question

• Still kinda new to WSUS so I wanted to clear something up before I broke my company.  If I have a client machine that has several failed updates (and they keep failing until you do the delete the Software Distribution folder fix), but then on WSUS I make one of those failed updates have a deadline, what will happen to the client machine?  will it attempt to install and restart over and over until it succeeds?
    Thursday, February 11, 2016 8:20 PM

All replies

• Also, is there a policy or setting I can set to make sure that if an update fails as I described above, it will automatically delete the downloaded copy and get a fresh copy from WSUS instead of attempting to re-install the corrupted update over and over?
    Thursday, February 11, 2016 8:22 PM
  • Hi,

>>it will automatically delete the downloaded copy and get a fresh copy from WSUS instead of attempting to re-install the corrupted update over and over?

I'm not sure that if it will install the corrupted update over and over, but it will not re-download the update from WSUS. You may need to remove the corrupt softwaredistribution folder manually.

Best Regards,

Steven Lee Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 12, 2016 1:04 PM
  • Yup, thats what we are doing, but its a pain.  Figured we were doing it the hard way (we are) but no easy way exists I guess.
    Friday, February 12, 2016 2:32 PM