Purchasing Windows XP Pro RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know of any reliable places we can purchase Windows XP Pro? We have a customer that requires XP Pro and they do not want to upgrade to windows 7.

Mark D. Albin, M.S. IT Master Services www.itmasterservice.com Office: (775) 229-4254

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 3:51 PM

Answers

• Just called Microsoft and I was told they absolutely do not sell Windows XP Pro Licenses anymore.

Mark D. Albin, M.S. IT Master Services www.itmasterservice.com Office: (775) 229-4254

• Marked as answer by Mark D Albin Thursday, October 24, 2013 10:55 PM
    • Edited by Mark D Albin Thursday, October 24, 2013 10:55 PM
    Thursday, October 24, 2013 10:54 PM
  • Windows XP is no longer distributed or sold.  I would suggest installing Windows 7 Professional, then install the free Windows XP Mode.

Carey Frisch

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 4:28 PM
  • You have to search for XP Pro but there are still places to get copies.

See info @ http://www.pricewatch.com/price/software_oper_system/windows_xp_professional

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 8:20 PM
  • Please be advised that over 50% of the software sold on web sites is pirated and or counterfeit.

Carey Frisch

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 8:51 PM

All replies

• Windows XP is no longer distributed or sold.  I would suggest installing Windows 7 Professional, then install the free Windows XP Mode.

Carey Frisch

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 4:28 PM

See info @ http://www.pricewatch.com/price/software_oper_system/windows_xp_professional

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 8:20 PM

While this is true, you have to be very careful as to whether or not you think you are getting a legal copy or not.  If the activation key is no good or fraudulent, you may have little recourse.

Also there are a LOT of different products on that page and can be very easy to get the wrong thing.

• XP Recovery CD
    • XP install CD - Upgrade
    • XP Install CD - Full Install (OEM)
    • XP Install CD - Full Install (Retail)

And more.  Be sure you know what you need before you buy.

Please do not read this sentence. Please ignore the previous sentence.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 8:39 PM
  • Please be advised that over 50% of the software sold on web sites is pirated and or counterfeit.

Carey Frisch

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 8:51 PM
  • Yeah I know, that is why I need to make sure the software if legit not pirated!

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 9:06 PM
  • Just called Microsoft and I was told they absolutely do not sell Windows XP Pro Licenses anymore.

• Marked as answer by Mark D Albin Thursday, October 24, 2013 10:55 PM
    • Edited by Mark D Albin Thursday, October 24, 2013 10:55 PM
    Thursday, October 24, 2013 10:54 PM
  • That does not mean that you cannot get a valid copy.  It just means it may be more difficult.  It is possible to get legal copies that have not been activated yet, you just have to find that reputable source.

Please do not read this sentence. Please ignore the previous sentence.

Monday, October 28, 2013 2:20 PM