Dublicated User CI in SCSM after changing User logon name in AD RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have SCSM 2012. For some tasks we need to change account login name. We made this for small test team and got very strange result. In AD certainly we have the same account with same First, Second, Display names.

First problem: In CMDB in SCSM I see now two different CI's. They have all the same data, only User Name has changed.

Second Problem: Now in view Assigned to me these users see no any Work Items they created in the past.

How to perform this operation correctly? How to fix this problem?

Thank you

Friday, October 12, 2012 8:47 AM

Answers

• The key properties for a user with the CMDB of Service Manager, is the domain combined with the sAMAccountName. If you change any of these on an existing user in your AD and then run a connector sync, Service Manager will believe that this is a new user.

- There is no way around this (except - don't change domain or sAMAccountName :) )
    - All old tickets are related to the old user account (which Service Manager doesn't know that it exist anymore)
    - There are no relationship between the old user and the new user in the CMDB

If you want to "merge" these two users into one, the easiest way would be to create a PS to copy all related items and relationships from the old user to the new one and then delete the old user.

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com | Sweden | My blog: www.scsm.se

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 10:41 PM

All replies

• If one user have 2 accounts in AD it's "normal" to have to corresponding user CIs in the CMDB. 

Also the second problem is like expected and SCSM is working. 2 accounts = 2 different identities. SCSM isn't able to recognize that 2 accounts are related to the same person.

To login with different users is required for tasks in SCSM? Or it's just needed to work with a different identity on the computer OS?

One option could be login to the OS with first user and use "run as" to start the SCSM console with the second user account.

Hope this helps. 

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

Friday, October 12, 2012 12:25 PM
  • Seems you didn't understand. For example: I have my account in AD and in CMDB I have one User CI (for example UserKate). After changing logon name in it (from UserKate to Kate) I get in CDMB two different User's CI with the same information: UserKate and Kate. And now I don't see any Work Items assigned to me in the past and If I create new SR or IR I also will not be able to see it in "Assigned to me" View. If I return logon name back from Kate to UserKate I will be able to see in "Assigned to me" View only Work Items created after first rename.

1. What to do with dublication? I assume that all Items related to original CI will not be related to new CI.

2. Why do I lost in "Assigned to me" View all Work Items created before first renaming?
    Friday, October 12, 2012 12:40 PM
  • Hi,

Just wondering if you found a solution to this? We have the same problem with renamed AD users.

Thanks

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 12:13 AM
  • The key properties for a user with the CMDB of Service Manager, is the domain combined with the sAMAccountName. If you change any of these on an existing user in your AD and then run a connector sync, Service Manager will believe that this is a new user.

- There is no way around this (except - don't change domain or sAMAccountName :) )
    - All old tickets are related to the old user account (which Service Manager doesn't know that it exist anymore)
    - There are no relationship between the old user and the new user in the CMDB

If you want to "merge" these two users into one, the easiest way would be to create a PS to copy all related items and relationships from the old user to the new one and then delete the old user.

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com | Sweden | My blog: www.scsm.se

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 10:41 PM
  • Hi,

I have a similar problem. Account name of one user was changed (AD User). So I have two CI in SCSM. I don't need both (test user) so I deleted the old one.

My problem is: I deleted the user from SCSM, but when I log on the portal with the new user, portal still recognizes the old one. Even if I go through a different PC. Is there any related cache on the portal server, that I can delete? Where should I look?

Regards

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 7:27 AM
  • Hi,

I got the same problem as Jure, how to fix it?

Regards,

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 7:55 AM