none
Losing Info RRS feed

• Question

• One of the reasons I upgraded from Project 2007 to 2016 is because I was losing data (rows).  It seems like it is happening with 2016 too.  If subtasks are hidden, they can't be extended (data lost)?  Actually lost the whole summary tasks with its subtasks.  Also, it a date range is selected I have lost some of the undisplayed tasks.  

Is there anyway to fix this?  Are there steps to take to assure I won't lose data?

Thursday, August 16, 2018 9:16 PM

Answers

• Hi,

there is one major difference between 2007 and 2016: If you apply a filter, this filter will stop you from showing other tasks.

Example: You have a summary task with subtasks and apply filter "Summary Tasks". In 2007, you could still expand this summary task to see its subtasks. In 2016, this will not work any more. With filter "Summary" applied, you can not expand this subtask to show non-summary tasks.

Please hit F3 to remove any filter to see if your tasks are really lost - I don't believe so.

This applies to all filters. If you filter for a certain date e.g. of a summyr task, you could expand to subtasks in 2007, even if they had different dates. In 2016, you will only see subtasks with the date used in your filter.

Regards
    Barbara

Friday, August 17, 2018 6:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,

there is one major difference between 2007 and 2016: If you apply a filter, this filter will stop you from showing other tasks.

Example: You have a summary task with subtasks and apply filter "Summary Tasks". In 2007, you could still expand this summary task to see its subtasks. In 2016, this will not work any more. With filter "Summary" applied, you can not expand this subtask to show non-summary tasks.

Please hit F3 to remove any filter to see if your tasks are really lost - I don't believe so.

This applies to all filters. If you filter for a certain date e.g. of a summyr task, you could expand to subtasks in 2007, even if they had different dates. In 2016, you will only see subtasks with the date used in your filter.

Regards
    Barbara

Friday, August 17, 2018 6:27 AM
  • Bingo.  Looks like all is fine, I had a date range filter.  Thank you.
    Friday, August 17, 2018 6:43 PM