My WSUS folder has 269GB size... is it correct? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I manage the WSUS in my organization. And every month I run the server cleanup wizard.

I have checked only the products that we have in our network, and in classifications, we only don't download the drivers.

It's really wrong to have a WSUS folder with this size?

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 12:04 PM

Answers

• I don't have every product selected yet all my WSUS servers are around 180GB so 270GB does not sound that outragous to me. We do select only English updates though, do you have multiple languages selected? That might account for the high size.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 12:21 PM
  • I see that WSUS content folder is around 300G With common update types selected for a couple of operating systems (excluding drivers, feature packs). So it doesn't sound like there is anything wrong

Gleb.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 12:40 PM

All replies

• I don't have every product selected yet all my WSUS servers are around 180GB so 270GB does not sound that outragous to me. We do select only English updates though, do you have multiple languages selected? That might account for the high size.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 12:21 PM
  • I see that WSUS content folder is around 300G With common update types selected for a couple of operating systems (excluding drivers, feature packs). So it doesn't sound like there is anything wrong

Gleb.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 12:40 PM
  • MikeeMiracle and Gleb Yourchenko,

Thanks a lot for the fast reply!

I was at launch time =p

I don't remember when, but I saw a post last month saying that if a WSUS folder is bigger than 60GB it is wrong.

(MikeeMiracle, yes, we donwload English (servers) and Portuguese Brazilian (workstations) languages)

But thank you both for the answer! :D

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 3:43 PM
  • Hi,

If you want to reduce the disk space occupied by WSUS, please check if the following blog is helpful:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/gborger/archive/2009/02/27/what-to-do-when-your-wsuscontent-folder-grows-too-large.aspx

Best Regards.

Steven Lee Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 3:43 PM