locked
Testing apps RRS feed

  • Question

  • I am using CU1 across the board.  When I test an app and find that there is an issue I remove it from the management server and delete the apps from the client through the console.  I then add the newer sequenced app to the management server and then refresh the server from client.  I see the new version of the app in the client console and in the start menu but when I execute the app on the client it's still using the old version.  What am I doing wrong?

    What is the proper way to remove an app and add a newer sequenced version?

    Thanks
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 3:30 PM

Answers

  • I do see the column Running listed as Yes when I run the app.  I don't think I can post the logs.

    No need to respond, I will figure it out.

    Sorry

     

     

    • Proposed as answer by znack Wednesday, May 20, 2009 1:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 3:34 PM
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 4:01 PM

All replies

  • Hello,

    When you execute the "newer" version - does it say in-use in the client console under the applications folder?

    /Znack
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 3:38 PM
  • I get no errors.  In the first version I sequenced I added a plugin and got an error.  I reseqeunced the app without the plugin.  When I added the new sequence and went through the process above I still got the plugin error.  I assume it's becasue the cache still contains the old version but I saw the app downloading by watching it progress from 0 to 100% in thew down load bar.  reinstalling the client always works.

    Thanks
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 3:41 PM
  • Hello,

    My question from above is still valid, and your response doesn't answer it.

    Can you also post a log-file from the client of first starting the "plugin" application and then starting the "newsequence nonplugin" application?

    /Znack
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 3:47 PM
  • I just realized I did not answer your question, sorry.  I will get it set back up and check.

    Thanks
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 3:50 PM
  • I do see the column Running listed as Yes when I run the app.  I don't think I can post the logs.

    No need to respond, I will figure it out.

    Sorry

     

     

    • Proposed as answer by znack Wednesday, May 20, 2009 1:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 3:34 PM
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 4:01 PM
  • Hi,

    you wrote "...I remove it from the management server..."
    You should be aware the this only is done after you have completed TWO steps:
    1. Remove all entries that belong to that package from the "Applications" node (this is obvious)
    2. Remove the reference to the package from the "PACKAGES" node.#

    Also, on your test client make sure that all instances of application of your package have been shut down before you perform your modifications. You can verify this in the Client's management console and check if any of application's package is "in use"


    Falko
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 3:37 PM
    Moderator