Sharepoint 2007 emails are not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have changed the SMTP address on the sharepoint servers. Earlier it was ABC.company.net which is updated to XYZ.company.net in the Outgoing email setting in the central admin page. After that we couldnot able set enable emails to any document library in the sharepoint 2007 farm. All we are getting is below error.

Error in the application.   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPList.UpdateDirectoryManagementService(String oldAlias, String newAlias)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPList.Update(Boolean bFromMigration)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPList.Update()
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.EmailSettingsPage.SubmitButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs args)
       at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Please suggest if you have anything. I have verified OU permissions are all good.

Munna
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 5:11 PM

Answers

All replies

• Thursday, August 11, 2011 5:51 PM
  • Thanks GeeVed, unfortunately it doesnt have solution. Any advices?

Munna
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 6:56 PM
  • To setup your email you eed to configure your incoming email settings inside your CA and NOT Outgoing they are set to configure alerts.

please rephrase.

:)
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 7:04 PM
  • Thanks Donestk, My sharepoint setup both incoming, outgoing were working properly without any issues for 4 years. Recently there is new SMTP server address is added to Central admin's Outgoing email page as my Old SMTP server is planned to decomission. Momemt i have added new SMTP address in outgoing email setting i have problems with document library emails.

All my incoming email setting are good. Any clues?

Munna
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 7:20 PM
  • If you have trouble with Incoming email settings on the Document Library, make sure you have the Central Admin's Incoming Email settings configured.

' i have added new SMTP address in outgoing email setting i have problems with document library emails.' -  configuring Ougoing settings will help route emails from sharepoint to User end. But for the User end to Sharepoint route(incoming) to work you will have configure Incoming Email settings

Central Admin -> Operations -> Incoming Email settings

Thanks, GeeVed
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 8:23 PM
  • Try redegating your Service account in your AD once again and give permissions like create, delete and manage.
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 8:48 PM
  • Service accounts are already present in AD under delegate control. Do you want me to readd again?

Munna
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 10:08 PM
  • Yes redeligate it once again so also just go through this and re run your check.

http://delacruzr.wordpress.com/2011/03/22/configure-incoming-e-mail-settings-office-sharepoint-2007-server/

• Marked as answer by Emir Liu Friday, August 19, 2011 2:29 AM
    Friday, August 12, 2011 4:49 PM
  • I figured out the issue, holy crap it was so stupid problem i didnt noticed.

Thank you all.

Munna
    Friday, August 12, 2011 4:56 PM
  • let it not be a secret anymore and please mark this thread as answered :)
    Friday, August 12, 2011 5:19 PM