How can I delete lists that SharePoint thinks don't exist? RRS feed

• Question

• I have seen the other thread that was marked as answered about this same topic .. however none of the solutions there in have solved my issue.  We noticed the problem with trying to manage content and structure it was popping out a correlation id .. Seeing that and browsing the web made us think it was a corrupted list which it does appear we have.  The list shows up in View all content but 404 error when trying to open it .. The list does not show up in designer. The lists shows up in Sharepoint Manager but crashes the app when you click on it.  I have tried various solutions such as

$web = Get-SPWeb <url>

$lists = $web.Lists
    $lists | foreach-object {
        if($_.Title -eq "RJP")
        {
     $_.Delete()
        }
    }

and

Get-SPWeb "url" |  Where-Object { $_.Lists.Delete("9f807d52-7031-4ab6-8f5d-75067303931c") }

and

remove-spsite from

http://blog.falchionconsulting.com/index.php/downloads/

but nothing gets rid of this site..

Exception calling "Delete" with "0" argument(s): "List does not exist.
    The page you selected contains a list that does not exist.  It may have been de
    leted by another user."

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 5:12 PM

Answers

All replies

• Is there a list of the same name in either the user or site collection recycle bin?

SharePoint - Nauplius Applications
    Microsoft SharePoint Server MVP
    MCITP: SharePoint Administrator 2010

-----------------------
    This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 5:22 PM
  • Yes the same named item is in the "Deleted from end user recycle bin" folder

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 5:28 PM
  • Delete it from there, and then the site collection if you can.

-----------------------
    This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Marked as answer by Jason Spatz Wednesday, February 20, 2013 5:47 PM
    Wednesday, February 20, 2013 5:42 PM
  • wow .. I love beating my head up against the wall learning all sorts of new stuffs .. only to have the answer be that :) You're a life saver as usual .. thank you so much!
    Wednesday, February 20, 2013 5:49 PM
  • I've encountered this one on a couple of lists (at the same time) myself.  Very frustrating until it is obvious.  You're welcome!

-----------------------

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 5:52 PM